Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Looking Forward to Half Term

Yup that's right bitches! Half term in less than a month and I'm looking forward to it! That's all for today, hoped you enjoyed the post.


...

lol jokes, keep your hat on, I'm still going to write stuff about stuff.

So, going back to last Saturday... after coming home from London, I immediately popped onto the World Wide Web to search for flights to visit Louisa in Germany. However seeing the prices just made me depressed, and it was impossible to find a flight for less than £300 on the Friday evening of half term. I was kinda grasping at straws when I went to see my House Mistress to double check that I actually was working Friday. But she was sooo lovely because when I told her what I had been planning to do, she gave me the day off, and told me to get the cheapest/earliest flight, so I could spend as much time there as possible. I am so glad that I chose to work in Turner House, because they are just all so wonderful. (and also, unlike the other houses, they always order the chocolate cream biscuits. Which means there are always packets just sitting in the cupboard. Pilfering schmilfering. I like to think of it as helping the girls. I care about their health and fruit would definitely be better for them than chocolate biscuits! Hence I take – nay, am FORCED to take – those sugary treats. It’s for their own good! But in all seriousness, they are there so that us staff can take a packet as well)

Half Term is now completely booked. Caitlin and I zoom our way over to Stuttgart on Friday evening and while she goes to meet up with long lost relatives, I bahn it to Ilshofen. Then after three awesome days, we’ll meet up at Stuttgart again and fly over to Berlin to see all the others. And we all fly back the next Saturday morning.

I am so so so so so so so so so so pumped! I may have been to Berlin two or three times already, but there’s always more to see! I love that city so much. But most of all I’m just so excited to see my host family again, even if it’s only for a weekend. And just Germany in general! I feel like it’s impossible to exhaust the potential of phrases like ‘beruhig dein Bauerhof’ and just denglishing it up in ‘general’. Damn, I wish there was a way of typing the German pronunciation of English words.

So the girls came back on Sunday night after spending the weekend with family etc, and Monday meant back to work as usual. On Tuesday, we went into town to try catch a movie, but alas, we got the cinemas wrong and hence just ended up shopping instead, which was still quite fun. Except when I got a zip stuck. And then broke the zip. Effectively imprisoning myself inside a lovely Zara skirt. Like, I know that the word awkward is really overused, but it describes the situation quite aptly. But it all turned out ok, the shop girl just had to rip the skirt off me. Pity, it was really nice and the last of its size.

Wednesday was Australia day, and we at Turner House celebrated with a little fire, barbequing pork and vegetarian sausages and marshmallows. The lucky teaching gaps, who had the evening off, went into London and hit up the pubs, whilst us boarders drank wine and watched inappropriate TV shows.

Thursday was boring. Nothing exciting happened. That’s kind of typical of Thursdays. Cool.

Friday: Our day off, which was lovely! I slept in. Majorly. After lunch, we made chocolate slice and then went and saw The King’s Speech (finally), which was actually so so good. But at the end it was just like wait... nothing actually happened in that movie. But it was good anyway. We came back, ate chocolate slice (yum!) and watched the awesomest dating show ever. Then Caitlin, Yve and I went out. And danced. And continually avoided creepy old weirdos. And overall had a great time.

So last week was great, except I seemed to have developed a really annoying habit of singing what I’m doing in different voices and accents, attempting to beatbox – very very badly, or just humming randomly whenever we’re using the computers. Now this would normally be perfectly fine, considering that Yve, Greer and Caitlin have long resigned themselves to my weirdness, but I tend to forget that we don’t always have the boarding houses to ourselves during the day. Maintenance guys, house mistresses, school girls who’ve forgotten work... all occasionally stick their head through the doors to check where the random noises are coming from, before quickly pretend that they haven’t noticed. Oh you polite English people! But still, it’s so hard to stop once you start. It’s like this vicious circle, and sometimes I worry that there’s no way out of this downward spiral.

Ah well, I should probably reply to some emails and then clean my room. The sink in my bathroom is completely blocked and I have to use my bath to wash my hands etc which is really annoying. So I need to tell the maintenance guys about it, but my room is actually so messy that I can’t stand the thought of them going in there to fix it. But at least it’s incentive to tidy everything up.



Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment